President to visit Bihar in early October
Patna: President Pranab Mukherjee will visit Bihar in the first week of October to launch a road map on agriculture prepared by the state government, an official said on Thursday.
Mukherjee will visit Bihar on an invitation by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
"During his visit, the President will launch a road map on agriculture and some other projects," the official said. The five-year agriculture road map covers the period 2012-17.
A high-level meeting, chaired by the state`s Chief Secretary, was held here on Wednesday to review preparations for the Presidential visit.
Soon after Mukherjee was elected President, Nitish Kumar had invited him to visit Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected
- Houthi rebels form Supreme Council to govern Yemen