President`s Rule in Jharkhand should be last option: Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Saturday urged Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed to place the Assembly in suspended animation and explore the possibility of formation of a popular government, keeping imposition of President`s Rule as the last option.
"Whether it be the JMM or Congress, whichever party or alliance comes forward to form the next government in Jharkhand should be given a chance to do so," said Prasad who was set to be elected unopposed as the party president for eighth successive term after he filed his nomination papers.
The RJD supremo, whose party has five MLAs in the 82-member house in Jharkhand, said that President`s Rule should be imposed in the state only when there was no chance of formation of an alternative government.
Asked whether he would support the JMM or Congress in the formation of the next government in Jharkhand, he said that the RJD would decide when it was asked for support, but the onus was on the JMM or Congress to take the initiative for formation of the government.
Prasad criticised Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda for recommending dissolution of the state assembly after the JMM withdrew support to his government.
"Munda had no right to recommend dissolution of the state assembly after his government was reduced to a minority," Prasad said.
The RJD chief also criticised Asharam Bapu for his remarks on the Delhi gangrape case and said that the spiritual leader had insulted women by suggesting that the victim should have pleaded for mercy from the rapists by calling them her brothers.
"One cannot change the criminal mindset of rapists by invoking brotherly relationship," he retorted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug