Prez Patil to attend Bihar Legislative council`s centenary celebrations
Patna: President Pratibha Patil will
attend Bihar Legislative Council`s centenary celebrations to
be held on March 22, official sources said on Saturday.
Patil will release seven books highlighting the
history of the legislative council at a function to be held on
the state legislative premises on March 22, sources said.
She will arrive by a special flight of Indian Air
Force (IAF) aircraft at around 11 am and return to New Delhi
by the same aircraft at about 2 pm after attending the
two-hour long function, they said.
The former President A P J Abdul Kalam was also likely
to attend the legislative council`s centenary celebrations,
the sources said.
A number of cultural programmes and exhibitions will
be held in the state legislature on the occasion to showcase
the glorious past of Bihar, they said.
Meanwhile, elaborate security arrangements were being
made in the state legislature and outside in view of the
scheduled visit of several VVIPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez