Prez Patil to attend Bihar Legislative council`s centenary celebrations
Patna: President Pratibha Patil will
attend Bihar Legislative Council`s centenary celebrations to
be held on March 22, official sources said on Saturday.
Patil will release seven books highlighting the
history of the legislative council at a function to be held on
the state legislative premises on March 22, sources said.
She will arrive by a special flight of Indian Air
Force (IAF) aircraft at around 11 am and return to New Delhi
by the same aircraft at about 2 pm after attending the
two-hour long function, they said.
The former President A P J Abdul Kalam was also likely
to attend the legislative council`s centenary celebrations,
the sources said.
A number of cultural programmes and exhibitions will
be held in the state legislature on the occasion to showcase
the glorious past of Bihar, they said.
Meanwhile, elaborate security arrangements were being
made in the state legislature and outside in view of the
scheduled visit of several VVIPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!