Prez Patil to attend Bihar Legislative council`s centenary celebrations
Patna: President Pratibha Patil will
attend Bihar Legislative Council`s centenary celebrations to
be held on March 22, official sources said on Saturday.
Patil will release seven books highlighting the
history of the legislative council at a function to be held on
the state legislative premises on March 22, sources said.
She will arrive by a special flight of Indian Air
Force (IAF) aircraft at around 11 am and return to New Delhi
by the same aircraft at about 2 pm after attending the
two-hour long function, they said.
The former President A P J Abdul Kalam was also likely
to attend the legislative council`s centenary celebrations,
the sources said.
A number of cultural programmes and exhibitions will
be held in the state legislature on the occasion to showcase
the glorious past of Bihar, they said.
Meanwhile, elaborate security arrangements were being
made in the state legislature and outside in view of the
scheduled visit of several VVIPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!