Prez Patil to attend Bihar Legislative council`s centenary celebrations
Patna: President Pratibha Patil will
attend Bihar Legislative Council`s centenary celebrations to
be held on March 22, official sources said on Saturday.
Patil will release seven books highlighting the
history of the legislative council at a function to be held on
the state legislative premises on March 22, sources said.
She will arrive by a special flight of Indian Air
Force (IAF) aircraft at around 11 am and return to New Delhi
by the same aircraft at about 2 pm after attending the
two-hour long function, they said.
The former President A P J Abdul Kalam was also likely
to attend the legislative council`s centenary celebrations,
the sources said.
A number of cultural programmes and exhibitions will
be held in the state legislature on the occasion to showcase
the glorious past of Bihar, they said.
Meanwhile, elaborate security arrangements were being
made in the state legislature and outside in view of the
scheduled visit of several VVIPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan