Price rise akin to Bofors scam
Patna: The skyrocketing prices of
essential commodities was `a major scam` akin to the Bofors
deal, BJP General Secretary Anant Kumar claimed on Thursday.
Addressing workers as part of his party`s signature
campaign and gherao of Parliament against the price rise,
Kumar called upon the people to wage a joint struggle for
addressing the problem.
The escalating prices have proved that the UPA
government, which was `a government of economists` led by
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, had failed to arrest it, he
Kumar said he would also write to the Prime Minister
asking him to change Sharad Pawar Agriculture portfolio to
`minister for cricket` as the price of sugar had touched `the
half century` mark, while prices pulse and edible oils had
crossed `the century mark`.
He claimed that the price rise was totally under
control when the NDA led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee was in power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak