Prime Minister briefs President on Copenhagen Summit
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday called on President Pratibha Patil and briefed her on
the deliberations at the UN climate summit in Copenhagen.
The meeting lasted for about 40 minutes, a Rashtrapati
Bhavan spokesperson said.
The climate change conference had taken note of a
US-brokered non-binding deal with India and three other
emerging economies which was rejected by several poor nations.
The Prime Minister also briefed the President about
the just concluded session of the Lok Sabha and also various
issues of national and international importance, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport
- Thailand military court opens trial in Bangkok shrine blast
- How to overcome your jetlag?
- Sugar prices soar to Rs 42/kg; FM holds inter-ministerial meeting on banning futures trading
- TCL 562 Review: Well-performing smartphone that's worth its price