Principal arrested for taking Rs 4000 as graft
Sitamarhi: A vigilance team on Wednesday arrested a primary school principal from Bihar`s Sitamarhi district on the charge of taking a bribe of Rs 4000, an official said.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team headed by the Deputy Superintendent of Police Kanishka Kumar caught Surendra Ram from the school premises at Haridih as soon as he took the money from one Lalita Kumari, Additional Director General of Police, Vigilance, PK Thakur said.
The vigilance slueths also recovered the graft amount from the accused, he said.
Ram had demanded the bribe from Kumari for giving her a no-objection certificate so that she could join as a teacher in the middle school at Dharampur village for which she was selected recently, Thakur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre