Principal arrested for taking Rs 4000 as graft
Sitamarhi: A vigilance team on Wednesday arrested a primary school principal from Bihar`s Sitamarhi district on the charge of taking a bribe of Rs 4000, an official said.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team headed by the Deputy Superintendent of Police Kanishka Kumar caught Surendra Ram from the school premises at Haridih as soon as he took the money from one Lalita Kumari, Additional Director General of Police, Vigilance, PK Thakur said.
The vigilance slueths also recovered the graft amount from the accused, he said.
Ram had demanded the bribe from Kumari for giving her a no-objection certificate so that she could join as a teacher in the middle school at Dharampur village for which she was selected recently, Thakur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi