Prisoner found dead in water tank
Sitamarhi: A prisoner was on Sunday found dead
in a water tank near a railway crossing in Kaprail village in
Bihar`s Sitamarhi district a day after he had escaped from a
hospital, a police official said.
The prisoner Raju Sahni`s body was found lying in a
water tank, Town police station in-charge Niranjan Prasad
The cause of the death of the convicted prisoner was
under investigation, he said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem.
Sahni had escaped from Sadar hospital yesterday during
treatment under police custody, Prasad said.
The prisoner was undergoing imprisonment in connection
with a theft case, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested