Probe ordered into Bihar prisoner`s death
Patna: Bihar`s jail authorities Tuesday ordered an inquiry into the death of a convicted prisoner, lodged in Hajipur divisional jail of the state`s Vaishali district, following angry protest by hundreds of inmates, officials said.
Inspector General of Police (Prisons) Anand Kishore ordered an inquiry into death of inmate Ram Balak Rai. "A team of two police officials will probe into it," he announced.
Rai was serving life imprisonment for the murder of his wife, and died Monday morning.
The inmates of the prison created ruckus Tuesday for the second day over his death after a post-mortem examination report indicated that he was strangulated to death.
Rai`s family members alleged that he was murdered as result of a well-planned conspiracy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents