Probe ordered into Bihar prisoner`s death
Patna: Bihar`s jail authorities Tuesday ordered an inquiry into the death of a convicted prisoner, lodged in Hajipur divisional jail of the state`s Vaishali district, following angry protest by hundreds of inmates, officials said.
Inspector General of Police (Prisons) Anand Kishore ordered an inquiry into death of inmate Ram Balak Rai. "A team of two police officials will probe into it," he announced.
Rai was serving life imprisonment for the murder of his wife, and died Monday morning.
The inmates of the prison created ruckus Tuesday for the second day over his death after a post-mortem examination report indicated that he was strangulated to death.
Rai`s family members alleged that he was murdered as result of a well-planned conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi