Probe ordered into Bihar prisoner`s death
Patna: Bihar`s jail authorities Tuesday ordered an inquiry into the death of a convicted prisoner, lodged in Hajipur divisional jail of the state`s Vaishali district, following angry protest by hundreds of inmates, officials said.
Inspector General of Police (Prisons) Anand Kishore ordered an inquiry into death of inmate Ram Balak Rai. "A team of two police officials will probe into it," he announced.
Rai was serving life imprisonment for the murder of his wife, and died Monday morning.
The inmates of the prison created ruckus Tuesday for the second day over his death after a post-mortem examination report indicated that he was strangulated to death.
Rai`s family members alleged that he was murdered as result of a well-planned conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened