Property of Bihar blasts` suspect attached
Patna: The property of suspected Indian Mujahideen operative Haider Ali, accused in bomb blasts in Patna and Bodh Gaya, was attached Sunday night after he failed to surrender, police said Monday.
Haider is a resident of Khiryawa village under Madanpur police station in Aurangabad district.
"A joint team of the NIA (National Investigation Agency) and Bihar Police attached the property as he failed to surrender after a special court asked him to till Jan 9," a police official said.
The joint team seized four wooden beds, iron gate, chairs, clothes and utensils from the house in the presence of Haider`s mother Rehana Khatoon, he said.
Khatoon along with her two daughters makes beedis to earn their livelihood.
Haider is wanted for planning and executing acts of terrorism, including the July 7 Bodh Gaya and the Oct 27 Patna blasts.
Two days ago, the property of IM operative Tahseen Akhtar alias Monu, accused in several bomb blasts including in Delhi, Mumbai, Patna and Bodh Gaya, was attached by the NIA and Bihar Police after he failed to surrender within the stipulated deadline, police said.
Akhtar is a resident of Maniyarpur village in Samastipur district.
Last year, a cash award of Rs.10 lakh was announced by the NIA for any information leading to his arrest.
Ten bombs exploded at Bodh Gaya`s Mahabodhi temple in which two Buddhist monks were injured. Three live bombs were later recovered and defused.
At least seven people, including a suspected bomber, were killed and nearly 100 injured in serial blasts ahead of the Oct 27 rally in Patna by the Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
The NIA has arrested four people in connection with the Patna blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp