Protest in Araria against Lande`s transfer
Araria (Bihar): Showing their affection for outgoing Superintendent of Police (SP) Shivdeep Lande, a large number of people on Saturday staged demonstration and blocked roads in Araria district.
The protesters also raised slogans against the state government for its decision to transfer Lande who has been assigned as the new Governor D Y Patil`s ADC.
Asked for his reaction on the spontaneous protest by the local against his transfer, the young IPS officer thanked the people for their love and affection and said he would cherish fond memories of his stint here.
Two years ago, the people of Patna had staged similar protest against the transfer of the 2006 batch IPS officer. He was the SP (City) of Patna from where he became Araria SP.
Lande, a native of Maharashtra, has won accolades of people during his various postings for taking personal efforts in improving law and order and being accessible to general people all the time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why