Protest in Bihar against arrest of terror suspects
Patna: Hundreds of people took out a protest march in Bihar`s Darbhanga district on Wednesday to protest against the recent arrest of two people from the state on terror charges.
Kafil Akhtar was arrested from a village in the district by the Karnataka Police earlier this month while Fasih Mehmood was held in Saudi Arabia on May 14.
Both are natives of Barh Saaila village in Darbhanga, around 200 km from Patna.
The people also protested against local Janata Dal-United legislator Izhar Ahmad, accusing him on being silent on the issue.
The protest was organised by Muslim Bedari Carvan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai