Protest in Bihar against arrest of terror suspects
Patna: Hundreds of people took out a protest march in Bihar`s Darbhanga district on Wednesday to protest against the recent arrest of two people from the state on terror charges.
Kafil Akhtar was arrested from a village in the district by the Karnataka Police earlier this month while Fasih Mehmood was held in Saudi Arabia on May 14.
Both are natives of Barh Saaila village in Darbhanga, around 200 km from Patna.
The people also protested against local Janata Dal-United legislator Izhar Ahmad, accusing him on being silent on the issue.
The protest was organised by Muslim Bedari Carvan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list