Protest in Bihar against arrest of terror suspects
Patna: Hundreds of people took out a protest march in Bihar`s Darbhanga district on Wednesday to protest against the recent arrest of two people from the state on terror charges.
Kafil Akhtar was arrested from a village in the district by the Karnataka Police earlier this month while Fasih Mehmood was held in Saudi Arabia on May 14.
Both are natives of Barh Saaila village in Darbhanga, around 200 km from Patna.
The people also protested against local Janata Dal-United legislator Izhar Ahmad, accusing him on being silent on the issue.
The protest was organised by Muslim Bedari Carvan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'