Protest over Kosi flood report by Bihar BJP MLAs
Patna: Bhartiya Janta Party`s Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) gathered outside the Bihar State Assembly on Tuesday to protest against the 2008 Kosi flood report presented by the former Patna High Court judge Justice Rajesh Walia.
BJP MLA Nitin Navin told a news agency, "The report of Kosi flood made in 2008 by Justice Walia was given to the government in the month of February/ March, in the same year. But it has not been made general yet. Now with the help of Assembly we would like that report to be made general."
"The report of Justice Walia brought about two things, first was the reason of flood and second was about the report of action taken. It also included how and where the money was used which was allotted in the name of Kosi flood relief and the names of accused on which action is to be taken," he added.
Heavy monsoon rains and poor maintenance caused a break out in the Kosi encroachment on August 18, 2008. Over 2.3 millions of people were affected by the flood in the multiple villages of Nepal and hundreds of villages in northern Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?