Protest over Kosi flood report by Bihar BJP MLAs
Patna: Bhartiya Janta Party`s Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) gathered outside the Bihar State Assembly on Tuesday to protest against the 2008 Kosi flood report presented by the former Patna High Court judge Justice Rajesh Walia.
BJP MLA Nitin Navin told a news agency, "The report of Kosi flood made in 2008 by Justice Walia was given to the government in the month of February/ March, in the same year. But it has not been made general yet. Now with the help of Assembly we would like that report to be made general."
"The report of Justice Walia brought about two things, first was the reason of flood and second was about the report of action taken. It also included how and where the money was used which was allotted in the name of Kosi flood relief and the names of accused on which action is to be taken," he added.
Heavy monsoon rains and poor maintenance caused a break out in the Kosi encroachment on August 18, 2008. Over 2.3 millions of people were affected by the flood in the multiple villages of Nepal and hundreds of villages in northern Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users