Protest over Kosi flood report by Bihar BJP MLAs
Patna: Bhartiya Janta Party`s Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) gathered outside the Bihar State Assembly on Tuesday to protest against the 2008 Kosi flood report presented by the former Patna High Court judge Justice Rajesh Walia.
BJP MLA Nitin Navin told a news agency, "The report of Kosi flood made in 2008 by Justice Walia was given to the government in the month of February/ March, in the same year. But it has not been made general yet. Now with the help of Assembly we would like that report to be made general."
"The report of Justice Walia brought about two things, first was the reason of flood and second was about the report of action taken. It also included how and where the money was used which was allotted in the name of Kosi flood relief and the names of accused on which action is to be taken," he added.
Heavy monsoon rains and poor maintenance caused a break out in the Kosi encroachment on August 18, 2008. Over 2.3 millions of people were affected by the flood in the multiple villages of Nepal and hundreds of villages in northern Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof