Protesters burn tyres, damage vehicles in Patna
Patna: Angry over non-availability of power and drinking water in the state capital here, locals burnt tyres and damaged vehicles at several places.
The agitated people blocked the busy Ashok Rajpath road for several hours and gheraoed the Pirbahore police station and raised the slogans against district administration last Saturday night.
They also damaged several cars parked at the police station campus, official sources said.
The protesters also burnt a police outpost near Kulharia complex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok