Protesters burn tyres, damage vehicles in Patna
Patna: Angry over non-availability of power and drinking water in the state capital here, locals burnt tyres and damaged vehicles at several places.
The agitated people blocked the busy Ashok Rajpath road for several hours and gheraoed the Pirbahore police station and raised the slogans against district administration last Saturday night.
They also damaged several cars parked at the police station campus, official sources said.
The protesters also burnt a police outpost near Kulharia complex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'