Protesters burn tyres, damage vehicles in Patna
Patna: Angry over non-availability of power and drinking water in the state capital here, locals burnt tyres and damaged vehicles at several places.
The agitated people blocked the busy Ashok Rajpath road for several hours and gheraoed the Pirbahore police station and raised the slogans against district administration last Saturday night.
They also damaged several cars parked at the police station campus, official sources said.
The protesters also burnt a police outpost near Kulharia complex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?