Protestors attack Barbigha PS for beating youth
Sheikhpura (Bihar): Angry over assault of a liquor trader after being detained by police, residents of his village attacked Barbigha police station demanding the arrest of the outgoing superintendent of police and sub-divisional police officer.
The protestors also set fire to some wooden articles kept in the police station premises which fire brigade personnel later doused, official sources said.
The agitators also jammed roads and burnt tyres and chased away Deputy Collector of Land Reform, Virendra Kumar.
They are residents of Toigarh village, from where the liquor trader Mukesh Kumar hails.
No personnel was present at the Barbigha police station at the time as the new set of officials was yet to assume duty.
Over a dozen officials of the police station and the superintendent of police Babu Ram was transferred yesterday on the orders of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
The trader was picked up by the Barbigha police station and beaten up severely and taken to the office-cum-residence of the former SP Babu Ram on January 25. When his condition deteriorated, he was admitted to PMCH late that night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you