Protestors attack Barbigha PS for beating youth
Sheikhpura (Bihar): Angry over assault of a liquor trader after being detained by police, residents of his village attacked Barbigha police station demanding the arrest of the outgoing superintendent of police and sub-divisional police officer.
The protestors also set fire to some wooden articles kept in the police station premises which fire brigade personnel later doused, official sources said.
The agitators also jammed roads and burnt tyres and chased away Deputy Collector of Land Reform, Virendra Kumar.
They are residents of Toigarh village, from where the liquor trader Mukesh Kumar hails.
No personnel was present at the Barbigha police station at the time as the new set of officials was yet to assume duty.
Over a dozen officials of the police station and the superintendent of police Babu Ram was transferred yesterday on the orders of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
The trader was picked up by the Barbigha police station and beaten up severely and taken to the office-cum-residence of the former SP Babu Ram on January 25. When his condition deteriorated, he was admitted to PMCH late that night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- OP Jaisha's ordeal: Marathon runner demands enquiry after AFI says she refused to avail energy drinks
- Pokemon Go fever fading in United States
- Big three leaders insist EU not finished after Brexit
- Renault Kwid (1.0-litre) SCe vs Maruti Alto K10 vs Hyundai Eon 1.0-litre - Spec Comparison
- Here's everything you want to know about Yo Yo Honey Singh's upcoming song!