Protestors attack Barbigha PS for beating youth
Sheikhpura (Bihar): Angry over assault of a liquor trader after being detained by police, residents of his village attacked Barbigha police station demanding the arrest of the outgoing superintendent of police and sub-divisional police officer.
The protestors also set fire to some wooden articles kept in the police station premises which fire brigade personnel later doused, official sources said.
The agitators also jammed roads and burnt tyres and chased away Deputy Collector of Land Reform, Virendra Kumar.
They are residents of Toigarh village, from where the liquor trader Mukesh Kumar hails.
No personnel was present at the Barbigha police station at the time as the new set of officials was yet to assume duty.
Over a dozen officials of the police station and the superintendent of police Babu Ram was transferred yesterday on the orders of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
The trader was picked up by the Barbigha police station and beaten up severely and taken to the office-cum-residence of the former SP Babu Ram on January 25. When his condition deteriorated, he was admitted to PMCH late that night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?