Protestors attack Barbigha PS for beating youth
Sheikhpura (Bihar): Angry over assault of a liquor trader after being detained by police, residents of his village attacked Barbigha police station demanding the arrest of the outgoing superintendent of police and sub-divisional police officer.
The protestors also set fire to some wooden articles kept in the police station premises which fire brigade personnel later doused, official sources said.
The agitators also jammed roads and burnt tyres and chased away Deputy Collector of Land Reform, Virendra Kumar.
They are residents of Toigarh village, from where the liquor trader Mukesh Kumar hails.
No personnel was present at the Barbigha police station at the time as the new set of officials was yet to assume duty.
Over a dozen officials of the police station and the superintendent of police Babu Ram was transferred yesterday on the orders of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
The trader was picked up by the Barbigha police station and beaten up severely and taken to the office-cum-residence of the former SP Babu Ram on January 25. When his condition deteriorated, he was admitted to PMCH late that night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note