Protests against Nitish spontaneous, says Lalu
Begusarai: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Saturday said that the recent protests against Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar during his `Adhikar yatra` were "spontaneous outburst of the people".
The people have become fed up with the Chief Minister`s style of functioning in which he promised more than he could deliver to the people who vented their frustration in the form of protest during his `Adhikar yatra`, Prasad told a public meeting here in Bihar`s Begusarai district.
Kumar was aware that the wave of protests greeting him in the districts was an outcome of his failure to deliver goods to the people, but he conveniently held the opposition responsible for orchestrating agitation against him, Prasad, who is undertaking `Parivartan yatra`, said.
Alleging prevalence of rampant corruption in Bihar during the NDA rule, the RJD supremo alleged that an NGO from Andhra Pradesh was given tender at the behest of an influential bureaucrat to supply saplings for afforestation drive in the state but refused to name the official or the NGO.
On the special status issue, Prasad alleged that the Chief Minister hijacked the agenda which was first conceived and demanded by the former Chief Minister Rabri Devi, to compensate Bihar for loss of resources due to the bifurcation of the state over a decade ago.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory