Protests against Nitish spontaneous, says Lalu
Begusarai: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Saturday said that the recent protests against Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar during his `Adhikar yatra` were "spontaneous outburst of the people".
The people have become fed up with the Chief Minister`s style of functioning in which he promised more than he could deliver to the people who vented their frustration in the form of protest during his `Adhikar yatra`, Prasad told a public meeting here in Bihar`s Begusarai district.
Kumar was aware that the wave of protests greeting him in the districts was an outcome of his failure to deliver goods to the people, but he conveniently held the opposition responsible for orchestrating agitation against him, Prasad, who is undertaking `Parivartan yatra`, said.
Alleging prevalence of rampant corruption in Bihar during the NDA rule, the RJD supremo alleged that an NGO from Andhra Pradesh was given tender at the behest of an influential bureaucrat to supply saplings for afforestation drive in the state but refused to name the official or the NGO.
On the special status issue, Prasad alleged that the Chief Minister hijacked the agenda which was first conceived and demanded by the former Chief Minister Rabri Devi, to compensate Bihar for loss of resources due to the bifurcation of the state over a decade ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'