Protocol to be formulated for booking Gandhi Maidan in future: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Criticising the BJP for not cleaning Gandhi Maidan before their October 27 rally which "helped in hiding bombs inside polythene bags", Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said a protocol is being formulated for booking the field for rallies and functions.
"I have instructed officials to formulate a protocol for booking Gandhi Maidan for organising any political rally or other public function in future," Kumar told reporters here.
The protocol would include ensuring cleanliness of the ground before and after the event by the host or they will be charged extra money for the same..
"In the evening of October 27 after the serial blasts, when I went to Gandhi Maidan, I saw polythene packets and other litter strewn everywhere in the field...The bombs were hidden in those polythene bags, which could not be detected due to presence of so many polythene bags," he said pointing at the lacunae in BJP`s hosting its `Hunkar Rally`.
"Anybody comes and books the Gandhi Maidan for about Rs 20,000. As in the case of the BJP rally, it has been seen in other similar programmes that organisers seldom pay attention to clear heaps of litter after the event," he said.
Kumar said in future the organisers have to either ensure cleanliness before and after the event or would be charged extra for the purpose.
Patna District Magistrate N Shrawan Kumar told the process for formulation of the protocol has already started.
"I have discussed the issue with officials. Chief Secretary A K Sinha has called for a meeting on November 15 in this connection," Kumar said.
Located in the heart of the state capital, Gandhi Maidan was the venue of Narendra Modi`s `Hunkar rally`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!