Punia seeks ban on outsourcing of contract labours
Patna: National Scheduled Castes
Commission (NSCC) Chairman P L Punia on Sunday sought a ban on
outsourcing of contractual labour saying it is an
"exploitation" of labour force.
"The outsourcing of contractual labour is an outright
exploitation of the labour force and deprivation of job
security to them. The Centre and the state governments should
ban this practise," he said at a labour awareness camp.
The labourers hired by the contractors were not only
exploited, but also suffer from perpetual fear of losing their
jobs as there is no job security to them, Punia said.
The NSCC chairman said he will write to state
governments, Centre and the President seeking a ban on the
outsourcing of contractual labour.
He also highlighted several fallacies in the practise
saying that there was no reservation for dalits under the
prevailing arrangement of outsourcing of labour nor was there
a guarantee of minimum wages.
Punia, a prominent dalit leader from Uttar Pradesh and
a member of the Congress party, rued that the socio-economic
condition of dalits has not improved significantly.
As many as 75 per cent of SC/ST communities were
living below poverty level, he said quoting a survey report
released recently by the planning commission.
"Even the literate dalit people were not better off in
the absence of an institutional arrangement to fill vacant
posts meant for the SC/STs at the states and central level,"
he said and pointed out that not a single dalit official has
been promoted to the post of secretaries in the central
government in spite of 88 vacancies.
Punia urged the Centre and the state governments to
fill reserved posts meant for the SC/ST, besides provision for
reservation of jobs in the private sector and judiciary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared