Purryag`s visit to boost people-to-people contact: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Hailing Mauritius President Rajkeswur Purryag`s visit to Bihar, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday said it would strengthen people to people relations between the state and the Island country.
"People of Bihar have deep ties with their Mauritius counterparts with its 56 per cent population tracing their ancestry from our state," he said at a function to felicitate Purryag upon his maiden visit to his ancestral Wajitpur village in Patna district.
Kumar recalled the warm reception he had received during his visit to Mauritius six years ago and said the people there yearned to trace their roots in Bihar.
He said he saluted the Mauritian people of Bihari origin for their hardwork to build a modern nation.
The chief minister said Purryag`s visit reflected the Bihari immigrant people`s desire to trace their ancestors` land and it has come after the visit of the Prime Minister Navinchandra Ramgoolam a few years ago.
The state government has put up the bust of the former Mauritius prime minister Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam in Patna to apprise the people of Bihar of what height their brethren abroad have achieved, he said.
Similarly, when the incumbent Mauritius president expressed his desire for tracing his ancestral village, the state government found it out and made his visit to Bihar possible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title