Purryag`s visit to boost people-to-people contact: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Hailing Mauritius President Rajkeswur Purryag`s visit to Bihar, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday said it would strengthen people to people relations between the state and the Island country.
"People of Bihar have deep ties with their Mauritius counterparts with its 56 per cent population tracing their ancestry from our state," he said at a function to felicitate Purryag upon his maiden visit to his ancestral Wajitpur village in Patna district.
Kumar recalled the warm reception he had received during his visit to Mauritius six years ago and said the people there yearned to trace their roots in Bihar.
He said he saluted the Mauritian people of Bihari origin for their hardwork to build a modern nation.
The chief minister said Purryag`s visit reflected the Bihari immigrant people`s desire to trace their ancestors` land and it has come after the visit of the Prime Minister Navinchandra Ramgoolam a few years ago.
The state government has put up the bust of the former Mauritius prime minister Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam in Patna to apprise the people of Bihar of what height their brethren abroad have achieved, he said.
Similarly, when the incumbent Mauritius president expressed his desire for tracing his ancestral village, the state government found it out and made his visit to Bihar possible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- 50 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan's Ghor
- England ponder triple spin attack against Pakistan in ODI series