Rabri attacks Nitish on law and order situation
Darbhanga: Former Chief Minister Rabri Devi on Sunday hit out at the Nitish Kumar government for "deteriorating law and order situation" and claimed that women and children were not not safe in Bihar any more.
"The law and order situation has deteriorated from bad to worse amid spate in crime against women and children," she told a public meeting in the district.
Undertaking a `Parivartan Rally` in Darbhanga division, Rabri expressed concern at "growing incidents" of rape and other atrocities against girl child and slammed the Chief Minister for "failure" to contain crime, particularly those against women and children.
Rabri, who has been mentoring the RJD in absence of her husband Lalu Prasad serving five-year imprisonment in Ranchi after conviction in the fodder scam two months ago, also spoke about increasing incidents of Maoist violence in Bihar to run down the JD(U) government on law and order situation.
She said BJP too could not escape responsibility for failures of the state government on several fronts as it was part of the ruling coalition for more than seven-and-a-half years.
She highlighted other issues like corruption, sliding education system and domineering role of bureaucracy to mount a frontal attack on the JD(U) government.
Apparently seeking to sway public support for her party in the run up to the general elections, the former chief minister sought people`s blessings for her family alleging that her husband was framed by his rivals - BJP and JD(U) - in the fodder scam after failing to nail her family in a case of disproportionate assets earlier.
Senior RJD leaders Abdul Bari Siddique and MP Prabhunath Singh also spoke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened