Rabri attacks Nitish on law and order situation
Darbhanga: Former Chief Minister Rabri Devi on Sunday hit out at the Nitish Kumar government for "deteriorating law and order situation" and claimed that women and children were not not safe in Bihar any more.
"The law and order situation has deteriorated from bad to worse amid spate in crime against women and children," she told a public meeting in the district.
Undertaking a `Parivartan Rally` in Darbhanga division, Rabri expressed concern at "growing incidents" of rape and other atrocities against girl child and slammed the Chief Minister for "failure" to contain crime, particularly those against women and children.
Rabri, who has been mentoring the RJD in absence of her husband Lalu Prasad serving five-year imprisonment in Ranchi after conviction in the fodder scam two months ago, also spoke about increasing incidents of Maoist violence in Bihar to run down the JD(U) government on law and order situation.
She said BJP too could not escape responsibility for failures of the state government on several fronts as it was part of the ruling coalition for more than seven-and-a-half years.
She highlighted other issues like corruption, sliding education system and domineering role of bureaucracy to mount a frontal attack on the JD(U) government.
Apparently seeking to sway public support for her party in the run up to the general elections, the former chief minister sought people`s blessings for her family alleging that her husband was framed by his rivals - BJP and JD(U) - in the fodder scam after failing to nail her family in a case of disproportionate assets earlier.
Senior RJD leaders Abdul Bari Siddique and MP Prabhunath Singh also spoke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks