Rabri calls Nitish Kumar "dishonest, thief"
Patna: Campaigning in Bihar Assembly
elections reached a new low with former Chief Minister Rabri
Devi today calling Nitish Kumar "dishonest and thief".
"Nitish Kumar beiman aur chor hai, iske raj ko khatma
karna hai (Nitish is dishonest and a thief, his government
should be thrown out)," Rabri Devi said while castigating
Chief Minister Kumar for allegedly forestalling an inquiry
into the CAG report that highlighted irregularities in
execution of development schemes worth more than Rs 11,400
"Instead of allowing the CBI to probe the
irregularities, Kumar and his government moved the Patna
High Court seeking stay on the probe," she alleged.
She made these remarks against against Nitish Kumar in
the course of her road show to canvas support for RJD nominee
for Bankipore Vinod Kumar Srivastava.
Accusing Nitish of doing nothing for the development
of the state, she charged the chief minister with "taking
credit" for the works done during RJD rule.
"Whatever you see here in the name of development...
be it planetarium or the the rail overbridge at Chiraiyatand,
we gifted them to the people of the Patna," she said, adding
Kumar had "absolutely nothing to claim for the development".
She alleged that Nitish Kumar government was a total
failure on all fronts and had ruled for five years by "fooling
and cheating" the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender