Rabri Devi alleges breakdown of law and order in Bihar
Patna: Former Chief Minister and RJD leader Rabri Devi on Friday alleged breakdown of law and order in Bihar under Nitish Kumar government and complained that her party workers were falling prey to deteriorating crime situation.
"It`s not a rule of law but that of mafia in the state," Rabri Devi, wife of jailed RJD President Lalu Prasad, said in a statement here.
A look at state police website would reveal that more than 25,000 murders and 7,500 rapes had been committed in the state in the last eight years of JD(U) rule, she said.
"Is this rule of law?" she questioned.
Rabri Devi, who is guiding the RJD in the absence of Lalu Prasad who is in Ranchi jail after conviction in a fodder scam case, said extremely backward castes, dalits and muslims were the worst sufferers.
She alleged that RJD workers were falling prey to the slide in the crime situation.
The RJD leader claimed party dalit cell chief Yogendra Majhi was kidnapped and later murdered in Arwal. In West Champaran party leader Mohammad Gazi was killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read