Rabri Devi alleges breakdown of law and order in Bihar
Patna: Former Chief Minister and RJD leader Rabri Devi on Friday alleged breakdown of law and order in Bihar under Nitish Kumar government and complained that her party workers were falling prey to deteriorating crime situation.
"It`s not a rule of law but that of mafia in the state," Rabri Devi, wife of jailed RJD President Lalu Prasad, said in a statement here.
A look at state police website would reveal that more than 25,000 murders and 7,500 rapes had been committed in the state in the last eight years of JD(U) rule, she said.
"Is this rule of law?" she questioned.
Rabri Devi, who is guiding the RJD in the absence of Lalu Prasad who is in Ranchi jail after conviction in a fodder scam case, said extremely backward castes, dalits and muslims were the worst sufferers.
She alleged that RJD workers were falling prey to the slide in the crime situation.
The RJD leader claimed party dalit cell chief Yogendra Majhi was kidnapped and later murdered in Arwal. In West Champaran party leader Mohammad Gazi was killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical