Rabri Devi dubs Lalu Prasad’s LS disqualification as conspiracy
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Hours after Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav was disqualified from Lok Sabha following his conviction in the fodder scam, his wife and former chief minister of Bihar Rabri Devi termed the move as a conspiracy against her husband on Tuesday.
Calling it as bad politics, the former Bihar Chief Minister said that she has faith in the Indian Judicial system.
Rabri Devi reportedly expressed confidence that Lalu`s absence will not affect the day-to-day affair of his party, saying that there will be no problem in running the party.
The reactions from Rabri Devi came after Lalu Yadav and JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma were disqualified from the Lok Sabha following their conviction in the fodder scam.
While Lalu Yadav is currently serving a five-year jail sentence in Bihar’s Munda jail, Rabri Devi has been handling the affairs of the party.
Besides Lalu Yadav and Jagdish Sharma, 43 other people were also convicted in the Rs 37.7 crore-fodder scam that took place in 1996.
The decision to formally disqualify the senior RJD leader came after Supreme Court said in its July 10 ruling that convicted lawmakers.
Congress leader Rashid Masood was disqualified from the Rajya Sabha on Monday. He has been sentenced to four years in prison in a corruption case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply