Rabri Devi dubs Lalu Prasad’s LS disqualification as conspiracy
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Hours after Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav was disqualified from Lok Sabha following his conviction in the fodder scam, his wife and former chief minister of Bihar Rabri Devi termed the move as a conspiracy against her husband on Tuesday.
Calling it as bad politics, the former Bihar Chief Minister said that she has faith in the Indian Judicial system.
Rabri Devi reportedly expressed confidence that Lalu`s absence will not affect the day-to-day affair of his party, saying that there will be no problem in running the party.
The reactions from Rabri Devi came after Lalu Yadav and JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma were disqualified from the Lok Sabha following their conviction in the fodder scam.
While Lalu Yadav is currently serving a five-year jail sentence in Bihar’s Munda jail, Rabri Devi has been handling the affairs of the party.
Besides Lalu Yadav and Jagdish Sharma, 43 other people were also convicted in the Rs 37.7 crore-fodder scam that took place in 1996.
The decision to formally disqualify the senior RJD leader came after Supreme Court said in its July 10 ruling that convicted lawmakers.
Congress leader Rashid Masood was disqualified from the Rajya Sabha on Monday. He has been sentenced to four years in prison in a corruption case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31