Rabri Devi dubs Lalu Prasad’s LS disqualification as conspiracy
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Hours after Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav was disqualified from Lok Sabha following his conviction in the fodder scam, his wife and former chief minister of Bihar Rabri Devi termed the move as a conspiracy against her husband on Tuesday.
Calling it as bad politics, the former Bihar Chief Minister said that she has faith in the Indian Judicial system.
Rabri Devi reportedly expressed confidence that Lalu`s absence will not affect the day-to-day affair of his party, saying that there will be no problem in running the party.
The reactions from Rabri Devi came after Lalu Yadav and JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma were disqualified from the Lok Sabha following their conviction in the fodder scam.
While Lalu Yadav is currently serving a five-year jail sentence in Bihar’s Munda jail, Rabri Devi has been handling the affairs of the party.
Besides Lalu Yadav and Jagdish Sharma, 43 other people were also convicted in the Rs 37.7 crore-fodder scam that took place in 1996.
The decision to formally disqualify the senior RJD leader came after Supreme Court said in its July 10 ruling that convicted lawmakers.
Congress leader Rashid Masood was disqualified from the Rajya Sabha on Monday. He has been sentenced to four years in prison in a corruption case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS