Rabri Devi dubs Lalu Prasad’s LS disqualification as conspiracy
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Hours after Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav was disqualified from Lok Sabha following his conviction in the fodder scam, his wife and former chief minister of Bihar Rabri Devi termed the move as a conspiracy against her husband on Tuesday.
Calling it as bad politics, the former Bihar Chief Minister said that she has faith in the Indian Judicial system.
Rabri Devi reportedly expressed confidence that Lalu`s absence will not affect the day-to-day affair of his party, saying that there will be no problem in running the party.
The reactions from Rabri Devi came after Lalu Yadav and JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma were disqualified from the Lok Sabha following their conviction in the fodder scam.
While Lalu Yadav is currently serving a five-year jail sentence in Bihar’s Munda jail, Rabri Devi has been handling the affairs of the party.
Besides Lalu Yadav and Jagdish Sharma, 43 other people were also convicted in the Rs 37.7 crore-fodder scam that took place in 1996.
The decision to formally disqualify the senior RJD leader came after Supreme Court said in its July 10 ruling that convicted lawmakers.
Congress leader Rashid Masood was disqualified from the Rajya Sabha on Monday. He has been sentenced to four years in prison in a corruption case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre