Rabri Devi to fight legislative council polls
Patna: State RJD parliamentary board on Sunday approved former chief minister Rabri Devi`s candidature for the ensuing biennial legislative council polls.
The state RJD parliamentary board meeting chaired by ex-minister Avadh Bihari Chaudhary gave an approval to the party`s decision to put up Rabri as its official candidate for the ensuing legislative council polls, the party`s media in-charge Randhir Yadav said.
RJD supremo Lalu Prasad then gave a final nod to the state parliamentary board`s decision to clear Rabri`s candidature for the legislative council polls a day after the party`s legislature unit had unanimously taken a decision in this regard, he said.
Leader of Opposition in the legislative Assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui, leader of Opposition in the legislative council Gulam Gaus, state unit RJD president Ramchandra Purve and Ramkripal Yadav (MP) were among the RJD leaders present on the occasion.
Rabri will file her nomination for the legislative council polls on April 11.
She had lost from both Raghavpur and Sonepur assembly constituencies to her JD(U) and BJP counterparts in 2010 Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand