Rabri Devi to fight legislative council polls
Patna: State RJD parliamentary board on Sunday approved former chief minister Rabri Devi`s candidature for the ensuing biennial legislative council polls.
The state RJD parliamentary board meeting chaired by ex-minister Avadh Bihari Chaudhary gave an approval to the party`s decision to put up Rabri as its official candidate for the ensuing legislative council polls, the party`s media in-charge Randhir Yadav said.
RJD supremo Lalu Prasad then gave a final nod to the state parliamentary board`s decision to clear Rabri`s candidature for the legislative council polls a day after the party`s legislature unit had unanimously taken a decision in this regard, he said.
Leader of Opposition in the legislative Assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui, leader of Opposition in the legislative council Gulam Gaus, state unit RJD president Ramchandra Purve and Ramkripal Yadav (MP) were among the RJD leaders present on the occasion.
Rabri will file her nomination for the legislative council polls on April 11.
She had lost from both Raghavpur and Sonepur assembly constituencies to her JD(U) and BJP counterparts in 2010 Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie