Rabri richer than Lalu, also owns 60 cows and 42 calves
Patna: RJD boss Lalu Prasad Yadav may have
spent a lifetime in Indian politics but he has been beaten to
the riches by his wife and late entrant Rabri Devi who
succeeded him as chief minister of Bihar.
And Rabri, whom Lalu recently said is like a
`chingari`(spark of fire, has also left him behind in
ownership of animals. She possesses 60 cows and 42 calves
worth Rs 17.18 lakh.
Rabri, who is the Leader of the Opposition, in her
affidavits filed along with her nomination papers for Sonepur
and Raghopur seats in the Bihar Assembly elections said she
has over Rs 1.41 crore in terms of landed property. In
contrast, the building owned by Prasad is valued at Rs 22 lakh
at the present market rate.
Rabri also surpasses her husband in terms of bank
balance with her deposits in banks, financial institutions and
non-banking financial companies at a little over Rs 57 lakh.
Along with her PPF account which has a deposit of
10,41,355, she is obviously richer than her husband as Prasad
has just 17.92 lakh, including PPF amount of Rs 8.03 lakh,
according to the affidavits.
The affidavits said Rabri has agricultural land
worth over Rs 1.07 crore and non-agricultural land worth Rs
31.15 lakh, besides commercial residential building worth Rs
Prasad on the other hand does not have agricultural
Rabri was Chief Minister from 1997 to 2005 succeeding
Rabri, who along with Prasad was an accused in a
disproportionate assets case, an off-shoot of the
multi-crore rupees fodder scam but was acquitted, possesses
60 cows and 42 calves worth Rs 17.18 lakh, the affidavits
Lalu has a 1990 model Maruti 800 worth Rs 25,000 and a
military disposal jeep purchased in 1977, when he became a Lok
Sabha member for the first time, valued at Rs 20,000.
The RJD chief has jewellery and precious stones worth
about Rs 81,600 and his wife approximately Rs 7.62 lakh.
The duo`s National Saving Certificates with the combined
face value of Rs two lakh have not been renewed as those have
been seized by the CBI, investigating the fodder scam cases,
the affidavits added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM