Rabri, RJD candidate for legislative council polls
Patna: Former Bihar chief minister Rabri
Devi would be RJD`s candidate for the ensuing biennial
elections to the state legislative council.
RJD secretary general and MP Ram Kripal Yadav said the
legislature party unanimously decided to put up Rabri in the
polls to be held later this month.
Members of RJD in Bihar assembly and legislative
council met here at the residence of RJD supremo Lalu Prasad
this evening where the decision was taken.
The parliamentary board meeting of the party would
also take place here on Saturday.
Rabri had suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands
of JDU nominees from Raghavpur and Sonpur assembly
constituencies during the 2010 Assembly elections in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre