Rabri seeks bail in a model code violation case
Chapra (Bihar): Former Bihar Chief Minister
and leader of opposition in the state assembly Rabri Devi
on Friday moved the court of chief judicial magistrate, seeking
bail in connection with a case related to violation of
election model code.
Rabri Devi`s counsel Bhola Yadav filed the petition in
the court of CJM Y N Sinha this afternoon. The hearing on the
petition is likely to take place tomorrow.
The Block Development Officer of Maker in Saran district
Anil Kumar had lodged an FIR with the police charging the
former chief minister with violating model code of conduct by
"making uncharitable remarks against Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar" at an election rally in support of her husband and RJD
President Lalu Prasad during the Lok Sabha polls in Saran
constituency in April last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video