Rabri seeks bail in a model code violation case
Chapra (Bihar): Former Bihar Chief Minister
and leader of opposition in the state assembly Rabri Devi
on Friday moved the court of chief judicial magistrate, seeking
bail in connection with a case related to violation of
election model code.
Rabri Devi`s counsel Bhola Yadav filed the petition in
the court of CJM Y N Sinha this afternoon. The hearing on the
petition is likely to take place tomorrow.
The Block Development Officer of Maker in Saran district
Anil Kumar had lodged an FIR with the police charging the
former chief minister with violating model code of conduct by
"making uncharitable remarks against Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar" at an election rally in support of her husband and RJD
President Lalu Prasad during the Lok Sabha polls in Saran
constituency in April last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview