Rabri slams Nitish for stopping Tazia procession to her house
Patna: RJD leader Rabri Devi on Friday slammed Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for not allowing a Muharram procession to come to her house alleging that the state government was indulging in politics.
A Tazia procession from Samanpura was stopped at Sheikhpura Dumra chowk on busy Bailey road on order of the district administration.
With the administration not allowing the procession to go ahead to Rabri Devi`s 10 Circular road residence through the restricted zone, she herself came to the chowk to meet them.
She later said in a statement that "the Chief Minister is indulging in cheap politics to keep her away from minority muslims."
"When JD(U) workers can roam free in this restricted zone what is the logic of stopping a Tazia procession to come to my home," she fumed.
She claimed that when she enquired from senior officers, they said "there is order from above."
RJD leader Anwar Ahmad was present with Rabri Devi when she went to meet the Muhharam procession.
In the absence of RJD President Lalu Prasad who is in jail in connection with a fodder scam case, Rabri Devi is guiding the party.
Reacting to the incident, senior JD(U) leader Ali Anwar said the decision might have been taken in view of the recent security problems in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred