Rabri to fight legislative council polls
Patna: State RJD parliamentary board on Sunday
approved former Chief Chief Minister Rabri Devi`s candidature
for the ensuing biennial legislative council polls.
The state RJD parliamentary board meeting chaired by
ex-minister Avadh Bihari Chaudhary gave an approval to the
party`s decision to put up Rabri as its official candidate for
the ensuing legislative council polls, the party`s media
in-charge Randhir Yadav said.
RJD supremo Lalu Prasad then gave a final nod to the
state parliamentary board`s decision to clear Rabri`s
candidature for the legislative council polls a day after the
party`s legislature unit had unanimously taken a decision in
this regard, he said.
Leader of Opposition in the legislative Assembly Abdul
Bari Siddiqui, leader of Opposition in the legislative council
Gulam Gaus, state unit RJD President Ramchandra Purve and
Ramkripal Yadav (MP) were among the RJD leaders present on the
Rabri will file her nomination for the legislative
council polls on April 11.
She had lost from both Raghavpur and Sonepur assembly
constituencies to her JD(U) and BJP counterparts in 2010
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city