Rabri to fight legislative council polls
Patna: State RJD parliamentary board on Sunday
approved former Chief Chief Minister Rabri Devi`s candidature
for the ensuing biennial legislative council polls.
The state RJD parliamentary board meeting chaired by
ex-minister Avadh Bihari Chaudhary gave an approval to the
party`s decision to put up Rabri as its official candidate for
the ensuing legislative council polls, the party`s media
in-charge Randhir Yadav said.
RJD supremo Lalu Prasad then gave a final nod to the
state parliamentary board`s decision to clear Rabri`s
candidature for the legislative council polls a day after the
party`s legislature unit had unanimously taken a decision in
this regard, he said.
Leader of Opposition in the legislative Assembly Abdul
Bari Siddiqui, leader of Opposition in the legislative council
Gulam Gaus, state unit RJD President Ramchandra Purve and
Ramkripal Yadav (MP) were among the RJD leaders present on the
Rabri will file her nomination for the legislative
council polls on April 11.
She had lost from both Raghavpur and Sonepur assembly
constituencies to her JD(U) and BJP counterparts in 2010
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far