Rabri to fight legislative council polls
Patna: State RJD parliamentary board on Sunday
approved former Chief Chief Minister Rabri Devi`s candidature
for the ensuing biennial legislative council polls.
The state RJD parliamentary board meeting chaired by
ex-minister Avadh Bihari Chaudhary gave an approval to the
party`s decision to put up Rabri as its official candidate for
the ensuing legislative council polls, the party`s media
in-charge Randhir Yadav said.
RJD supremo Lalu Prasad then gave a final nod to the
state parliamentary board`s decision to clear Rabri`s
candidature for the legislative council polls a day after the
party`s legislature unit had unanimously taken a decision in
this regard, he said.
Leader of Opposition in the legislative Assembly Abdul
Bari Siddiqui, leader of Opposition in the legislative council
Gulam Gaus, state unit RJD President Ramchandra Purve and
Ramkripal Yadav (MP) were among the RJD leaders present on the
Rabri will file her nomination for the legislative
council polls on April 11.
She had lost from both Raghavpur and Sonepur assembly
constituencies to her JD(U) and BJP counterparts in 2010
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- 7th Pay Commission: Gratuity ceiling doubled to Rs 20 lakh
- Govinda ultimate Bollywood dancer for me: Farah Khan
- Harbhajan Singh to sponsor kit for disabled cricketers of India
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Results 2016 to be declared on Thursday (June 30). Log on to bed.mhpravesh.in
- Afghan President calls for joint action against terrorism, condemns Istanbul attack