Rahul Gandhi invited to take part in `Pol Khol` ca
Patna: Rahul Gandhi has been invited to take part in the Congress` `Pol Khol` (expose) campaign against the Nitish Kumar government in Bihar beginning from November five next, party sources said on Friday.
Congress has proposed a four-day `Pol Khol` campaign to expose the failure of the NDA government on various fronts, state unit party president Chaudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser told reporters here.
He said that the party has invited Gandhi and the Rural Development minister Jairam Ramesh to participate in it.
Kaiser said that public meetings will be held at Narkatiyaganj, Motihari, Muzaffarpur and Vaishali during the `Pol Khol` campaign.
AICC in-charge Gulchain Singh Charak has spoken to the Gandhi and Ramesh to seek their attendance at the programme, he said.
The details about the proposed visit of the AICC general secretary and the Union minister has not been worked out as yet, Kaiser added.
About Press Council of India Chairman Markanday Katju`s statement that the Chief Minister has lost goodwill of the people of Bihar as they had agitated against him and waved black flags during his `Adhikar Yatra`, Kaiser said, Katju has rightly articulated the grievances of the people against the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31