Rahul Gandhi invited to take part in `Pol Khol` ca
Patna: Rahul Gandhi has been invited to take part in the Congress` `Pol Khol` (expose) campaign against the Nitish Kumar government in Bihar beginning from November five next, party sources said on Friday.
Congress has proposed a four-day `Pol Khol` campaign to expose the failure of the NDA government on various fronts, state unit party president Chaudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser told reporters here.
He said that the party has invited Gandhi and the Rural Development minister Jairam Ramesh to participate in it.
Kaiser said that public meetings will be held at Narkatiyaganj, Motihari, Muzaffarpur and Vaishali during the `Pol Khol` campaign.
AICC in-charge Gulchain Singh Charak has spoken to the Gandhi and Ramesh to seek their attendance at the programme, he said.
The details about the proposed visit of the AICC general secretary and the Union minister has not been worked out as yet, Kaiser added.
About Press Council of India Chairman Markanday Katju`s statement that the Chief Minister has lost goodwill of the people of Bihar as they had agitated against him and waved black flags during his `Adhikar Yatra`, Kaiser said, Katju has rightly articulated the grievances of the people against the state government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'