Rahul Gandhi invited to take part in `Pol Khol` ca
Patna: Rahul Gandhi has been invited to take part in the Congress` `Pol Khol` (expose) campaign against the Nitish Kumar government in Bihar beginning from November five next, party sources said on Friday.
Congress has proposed a four-day `Pol Khol` campaign to expose the failure of the NDA government on various fronts, state unit party president Chaudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser told reporters here.
He said that the party has invited Gandhi and the Rural Development minister Jairam Ramesh to participate in it.
Kaiser said that public meetings will be held at Narkatiyaganj, Motihari, Muzaffarpur and Vaishali during the `Pol Khol` campaign.
AICC in-charge Gulchain Singh Charak has spoken to the Gandhi and Ramesh to seek their attendance at the programme, he said.
The details about the proposed visit of the AICC general secretary and the Union minister has not been worked out as yet, Kaiser added.
About Press Council of India Chairman Markanday Katju`s statement that the Chief Minister has lost goodwill of the people of Bihar as they had agitated against him and waved black flags during his `Adhikar Yatra`, Kaiser said, Katju has rightly articulated the grievances of the people against the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation