Rahul natural choice for Cong`s presidency: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Monday said Rahul Gandhi was a "natural choice" to lead the
Congress, but maintained it was the internal matter of the
"It is for the Congress to decide which assignments the
party will be giving to whom and when...it is internal matter
of the party," Kumar told reporters on the sidelines of the
`Janata Darbar` programme here.
"But it is obvious that Rahul Gandhi is a natural choice
for the party," he added.
Kumar dismissed the report that he had described Rahul as
an immature politician in the past.
To another question, the CM said he was yet
to know whether JD(U) would have an electoral understanding
with its senior partner BJP in assembly elections in Uttar
"We JD(U) had an alliance with BJP in last assembly poll
in Uttar Pradesh... but what will happen this time is not
known to me," he said.
Kumar said his party was doing its work in Uttar Pradesh
and trying to reach out to the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Teenager killed in firing by security forces as Rajnath Singh visits Kashmir
- Rio Olympics highlights: Ten moments that defined the Games for Indian contingent
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Altaf Hussain gives up MQM leadership after calling Pakistan 'cancer'