Rahul should do his homework before campaigning in Bihar: BJP
Indore: Lashing out at Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi for his comments on lack of development in Bihar under Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s rule, the BJP on Sunday said he should do his homework before campaigning in the state.
"Rahul has the right to do campaigning for his party in Bihar, but he should do his homework. It appears that his political advisors were not giving him the right advice," BJP chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters here.
He sought to know why Rahul did not comment on development in the state when RJD chief Lalu Prasad and thereafter his wife Rabri Devi ruled the state for 15 years.
"If development has at all taken place in Bihar, then why are people migrating to Mumbai, Haryana, Punjab and Delhi for livelihood," Rahul said in Saharsa yesterday.
"Wherever I visit - be it Mumbai, Punjab or Haryana – I am informed about the plight of people from Bihar who have migrated to those states for jobs," he had said.
Refusing to accept that youths were leaning towards Rahul, Prasad said, "When the Congress general secretary was making statement against Nitish Kumar government in Bihar, the Congress` students` wing NSUI was wiped out in the Delhi University Student`s Union elections, right under his nose."
Asked whether Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will campaign for BJP in Bihar, he said a decision on the issue would be taken when the party`s electioneering kicks off.
The question is not of a concern to the party, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends