Raids on officials’ premises yield crores of cash, properties
Patna: Cash and investment documents worth around Rs 100 crore were seized during searches by Bihar police in premises belonging to four officials, including suspended DIG Alok Kumar.
The search was conducted by sleuths of Economic Offence Unit (EOU) of Bihar police in 17 premises belonging to executive engineer of Rural Engineering Organisation (REO) Mithilesh Kumar, executive engineer of public health and engineering department Nageshwar Sharma and Sub-inspector (Enforcement) Mohammad Yunus, besides that of the DIG, Additional Director General of Police, Headquarters, Ravinder Kumar said.
The search continued till wee hours on Thursday.
Director General of Police Abhyanand said that raids were conducted after registration of three FIRs with the EOU police station against them under Prevention of Corruption Act.
No arrest has been made so far but investigations were on in all the cases, he said, adding the departments concerned would be given details of the raids and recoveries by police for initiating action against them.
DIG Alok Kumar has already been put under suspension by the state government following complaints of extortion of Rs 10 crore from a liquor trader in Saran district recently.
Kumar, an IPS officer of Jammu and Kashmir cadre, had earlier served as senior superintendent of police of Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof