Raids on officials’ premises yield crores of cash, properties
Patna: Cash and investment documents worth around Rs 100 crore were seized during searches by Bihar police in premises belonging to four officials, including suspended DIG Alok Kumar.
The search was conducted by sleuths of Economic Offence Unit (EOU) of Bihar police in 17 premises belonging to executive engineer of Rural Engineering Organisation (REO) Mithilesh Kumar, executive engineer of public health and engineering department Nageshwar Sharma and Sub-inspector (Enforcement) Mohammad Yunus, besides that of the DIG, Additional Director General of Police, Headquarters, Ravinder Kumar said.
The search continued till wee hours on Thursday.
Director General of Police Abhyanand said that raids were conducted after registration of three FIRs with the EOU police station against them under Prevention of Corruption Act.
No arrest has been made so far but investigations were on in all the cases, he said, adding the departments concerned would be given details of the raids and recoveries by police for initiating action against them.
DIG Alok Kumar has already been put under suspension by the state government following complaints of extortion of Rs 10 crore from a liquor trader in Saran district recently.
Kumar, an IPS officer of Jammu and Kashmir cadre, had earlier served as senior superintendent of police of Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed