Rail employee shot dead in running train in Munger
Munger: A Railway employee was shot dead by armed men in a train in Bihar`s Munger district in the early hours today.
Government Rail Police (GRP) sources said that the employee, Shankar Sao, working as crane operator at Jamalpur rail factory, was returning to his village after completing duty when the armed men opened fire on him as the train left Dasrathpur railway station.
The victim died on the spot, the sources said.
The killers jumped out of the train as it slowed down and fled, the sources said.
The reason for the murder was not known.
The body has been sent for post mortem at Sadar hospital the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen