Rail employee shot dead in running train in Munger
Munger: A Railway employee was shot dead by armed men in a train in Bihar`s Munger district in the early hours today.
Government Rail Police (GRP) sources said that the employee, Shankar Sao, working as crane operator at Jamalpur rail factory, was returning to his village after completing duty when the armed men opened fire on him as the train left Dasrathpur railway station.
The victim died on the spot, the sources said.
The killers jumped out of the train as it slowed down and fled, the sources said.
The reason for the murder was not known.
The body has been sent for post mortem at Sadar hospital the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...