Rail employee shot dead in running train in Munger
Munger: A Railway employee was shot dead by armed men in a train in Bihar`s Munger district in the early hours today.
Government Rail Police (GRP) sources said that the employee, Shankar Sao, working as crane operator at Jamalpur rail factory, was returning to his village after completing duty when the armed men opened fire on him as the train left Dasrathpur railway station.
The victim died on the spot, the sources said.
The killers jumped out of the train as it slowed down and fled, the sources said.
The reason for the murder was not known.
The body has been sent for post mortem at Sadar hospital the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog