Rail employee shot dead in running train in Munger
Munger: A Railway employee was shot dead by armed men in a train in Bihar`s Munger district in the early hours today.
Government Rail Police (GRP) sources said that the employee, Shankar Sao, working as crane operator at Jamalpur rail factory, was returning to his village after completing duty when the armed men opened fire on him as the train left Dasrathpur railway station.
The victim died on the spot, the sources said.
The killers jumped out of the train as it slowed down and fled, the sources said.
The reason for the murder was not known.
The body has been sent for post mortem at Sadar hospital the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home