Railway employee shot dead in Bihar
Munger: A Railway employee of Jamalpur rail workshop in Bihar`s Munger district was killed by some unidentified assailants near a tunnel here in the wee hours on Saturday, police said.
Upendra Mandal was going to attend his duty when some unidentified assailants waylaid him and shot him dead from close range near a tunnel, Station House Officer of Jamalpur railway station, Rajesh Sharan said.
Mandal was a residant of Haveli Kharagpur area.
The dead body of the deceased employee has been sent to sadar hospital for post mortem examination.
Raids are being conducted to nab the culprit, Sharan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing