Railway employee shot dead in Bihar
Munger: A Railway employee of Jamalpur rail workshop in Bihar`s Munger district was killed by some unidentified assailants near a tunnel here in the wee hours on Saturday, police said.
Upendra Mandal was going to attend his duty when some unidentified assailants waylaid him and shot him dead from close range near a tunnel, Station House Officer of Jamalpur railway station, Rajesh Sharan said.
Mandal was a residant of Haveli Kharagpur area.
The dead body of the deceased employee has been sent to sadar hospital for post mortem examination.
Raids are being conducted to nab the culprit, Sharan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends