Railway ticket booking clerk, 2 touts held
Motihari: A railway ticket booking clerk and two touts were arrested from Ghorasahan station under the East-Central Railway (ECR) Wednesday for issuing train reservation tickets on a mass scale, a CIB officer said.
Acting on a complaint, the RPF and Railway, Crime Investigation Buerau (CIB) personnel jointly raided Ghorasahan station and apprehended the booking clerk Sudhir Kumar and touts Mukesh and Suraj while they were engaged in purchase and cancellation of train reservation tickets on mass scale, the CIB Inspector Manoj Kumar said.
Rs. 70,000 in cash, 63 reservation tickets and 50 cancelled reservation tickets were seized from Kumar`s possession, he said.
The railway clerk, in collusion with two touts, was engaged in issuance of train reservation tickets and cancellation of tickets on mass scale for monetary benefits, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!