Railway ticket booking clerk, 2 touts held
Motihari: A railway ticket booking clerk and two touts were arrested from Ghorasahan station under the East-Central Railway (ECR) Wednesday for issuing train reservation tickets on a mass scale, a CIB officer said.
Acting on a complaint, the RPF and Railway, Crime Investigation Buerau (CIB) personnel jointly raided Ghorasahan station and apprehended the booking clerk Sudhir Kumar and touts Mukesh and Suraj while they were engaged in purchase and cancellation of train reservation tickets on mass scale, the CIB Inspector Manoj Kumar said.
Rs. 70,000 in cash, 63 reservation tickets and 50 cancelled reservation tickets were seized from Kumar`s possession, he said.
The railway clerk, in collusion with two touts, was engaged in issuance of train reservation tickets and cancellation of tickets on mass scale for monetary benefits, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef