Railway ticket booking clerk, 2 touts held
Motihari: A railway ticket booking clerk and two touts were arrested from Ghorasahan station under the East-Central Railway (ECR) Wednesday for issuing train reservation tickets on a mass scale, a CIB officer said.
Acting on a complaint, the RPF and Railway, Crime Investigation Buerau (CIB) personnel jointly raided Ghorasahan station and apprehended the booking clerk Sudhir Kumar and touts Mukesh and Suraj while they were engaged in purchase and cancellation of train reservation tickets on mass scale, the CIB Inspector Manoj Kumar said.
Rs. 70,000 in cash, 63 reservation tickets and 50 cancelled reservation tickets were seized from Kumar`s possession, he said.
The railway clerk, in collusion with two touts, was engaged in issuance of train reservation tickets and cancellation of tickets on mass scale for monetary benefits, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Shabir Choudhry rejects UN Secy Gen's letter to Pak PM as ''unimpressive''
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today