Railway ticket booking clerk, 2 touts held
Motihari: A railway ticket booking clerk and two touts were arrested from Ghorasahan station under the East-Central Railway (ECR) Wednesday for issuing train reservation tickets on a mass scale, a CIB officer said.
Acting on a complaint, the RPF and Railway, Crime Investigation Buerau (CIB) personnel jointly raided Ghorasahan station and apprehended the booking clerk Sudhir Kumar and touts Mukesh and Suraj while they were engaged in purchase and cancellation of train reservation tickets on mass scale, the CIB Inspector Manoj Kumar said.
Rs. 70,000 in cash, 63 reservation tickets and 50 cancelled reservation tickets were seized from Kumar`s possession, he said.
The railway clerk, in collusion with two touts, was engaged in issuance of train reservation tickets and cancellation of tickets on mass scale for monetary benefits, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley