Railway ticket booking clerk, 2 touts held
Motihari: A railway ticket booking clerk and two touts were arrested from Ghorasahan station under the East-Central Railway (ECR) Wednesday for issuing train reservation tickets on a mass scale, a CIB officer said.
Acting on a complaint, the RPF and Railway, Crime Investigation Buerau (CIB) personnel jointly raided Ghorasahan station and apprehended the booking clerk Sudhir Kumar and touts Mukesh and Suraj while they were engaged in purchase and cancellation of train reservation tickets on mass scale, the CIB Inspector Manoj Kumar said.
Rs. 70,000 in cash, 63 reservation tickets and 50 cancelled reservation tickets were seized from Kumar`s possession, he said.
The railway clerk, in collusion with two touts, was engaged in issuance of train reservation tickets and cancellation of tickets on mass scale for monetary benefits, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31