Raj Thackeray slammed for anti-North Indian diatribes
Patna: RJD slammed Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray and burnt his effigy on Wednesday for his diatribes against the people of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
RJD supporters, led by its Bihar unit chief Ramchandra Purve took out a protest march here and shouted slogans against Thackeray before burning his effigy for his tirade and holding the immigrants from the two states responsible for violent protests in Mumbai recently.
"The MNS leader has yet again spewed venom against north Indian people settled in Mumbai and Maharashtra and challenged the unity and integrity of the country by playing out regional and divisive politics," he told RJD workers.
Thackeray`s comments were insults to the people of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, Purvey said and demanded that he be booked for sedition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Shock waves across Chennai as another person hacked to death in Nandanam area
- Deepika Padukone has a 'teddy bear' in Hollywood! Who is he?
- NSG collapse Modi Govt's "biggest foreign policy failure'', says JDU
- Premier League: Clubs hope transfers don't take Brexit pounding
- From Modi to Obama, know which smartphones are used by top world leaders