Rajkot: Homesick boy from Bihar fakes kidnapping
Rajkot: A ten-year-old boy from Bihar, who claimed that he was kidnapped from Delhi and was on Tuesday found at Rajkot railway station in Gujarat, has staged his own kidnapping to avoid staying in the city as he was desperate to return to his native, police said.
Naushad Mohmmad, who was found at Rajkot railway station by the Railway Protection Force (RPF) jawans, has claimed that he was abducted by two persons from Ajmeri Gate area in Delhi two days back, when he went to buy medicines for his father.
Following which the RPF informed the Delhi Police to verify the boy`s claim.
Meanwhile, Naushad`s cousin Abdul Hussain, who stays in Rajkot, came to know that Naushad was with RPF and approached them.
He told the RPF that Naushad had been staying with him for the last two weeks.
"Naushad had come here from Madhubani of Bihar with Abdul, but he did not want to stay in Rajkot and went to railway station to leave for Bihar as he did not want to stay in Rajkot," an RPF official said, adding the boy has been handed over to Abdul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi