Rajkot: Homesick boy from Bihar fakes kidnapping
Rajkot: A ten-year-old boy from Bihar, who claimed that he was kidnapped from Delhi and was on Tuesday found at Rajkot railway station in Gujarat, has staged his own kidnapping to avoid staying in the city as he was desperate to return to his native, police said.
Naushad Mohmmad, who was found at Rajkot railway station by the Railway Protection Force (RPF) jawans, has claimed that he was abducted by two persons from Ajmeri Gate area in Delhi two days back, when he went to buy medicines for his father.
Following which the RPF informed the Delhi Police to verify the boy`s claim.
Meanwhile, Naushad`s cousin Abdul Hussain, who stays in Rajkot, came to know that Naushad was with RPF and approached them.
He told the RPF that Naushad had been staying with him for the last two weeks.
"Naushad had come here from Madhubani of Bihar with Abdul, but he did not want to stay in Rajkot and went to railway station to leave for Bihar as he did not want to stay in Rajkot," an RPF official said, adding the boy has been handed over to Abdul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam