Rajkot: Homesick boy from Bihar fakes kidnapping
Rajkot: A ten-year-old boy from Bihar, who claimed that he was kidnapped from Delhi and was on Tuesday found at Rajkot railway station in Gujarat, has staged his own kidnapping to avoid staying in the city as he was desperate to return to his native, police said.
Naushad Mohmmad, who was found at Rajkot railway station by the Railway Protection Force (RPF) jawans, has claimed that he was abducted by two persons from Ajmeri Gate area in Delhi two days back, when he went to buy medicines for his father.
Following which the RPF informed the Delhi Police to verify the boy`s claim.
Meanwhile, Naushad`s cousin Abdul Hussain, who stays in Rajkot, came to know that Naushad was with RPF and approached them.
He told the RPF that Naushad had been staying with him for the last two weeks.
"Naushad had come here from Madhubani of Bihar with Abdul, but he did not want to stay in Rajkot and went to railway station to leave for Bihar as he did not want to stay in Rajkot," an RPF official said, adding the boy has been handed over to Abdul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what