Rajya Sabha bypolls: RJD, JD(U) to hold separate meet today
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) and Janata Dal (United) will hold their respective party meetings on Tuesday ahead of upcoming Rajya Sabha bypolls to be held in Bihar.
The crucial RJD`s Legislature meeting is scheduled to take place after JD(U) approached them for alliance to ensure the victory of its candidates.
The meeting will be held at the residence of former Bihar chief minister Rabri Devi at 10 Circular Road.
Meanwhile, JD(U) is also planning to hold its Legislature meeting in the evening today at One Anne Marg residence of Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi, across the road to the RJD venue.
Burying two decades of rivalry, Nitish Kumar had rang up Lalu Prasad on Friday, appealing to him to support JD(U) candidates--diplomat-politician Pawan Varma and Gulam Rasool Balyawi--in RS bypoll to foil the challenge posed by the rebels and BJP.
Kumar also had telephonic talks with Congress and CPI leaders for forging a unity of secular forces against BJP.
In Bihar Assembly whose effective strength at present is 232 with 11 vacancies, ruling JD(U) has 117 MLAs including Speaker, BJP 84, RJD 21, Congress 4, Independents 5 and CPI 1.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!