Rakhis to be round trees to save environment
Patna: In a novel way to promote
environmental awareness, Bihar government would organise a
state-level programme for tying rakhis around trees on the
occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
Those tying rakhis would also pledge to protect the
green cover in their areas, Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi
told reporters here on Tuesday.
``We have decided to hold a function at ECO park here
where the visitors will be allowed entry free of cost on the
occasion of Raksha Bandhan,`` he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement