Rakhis to be round trees to save environment
Patna: In a novel way to promote
environmental awareness, Bihar government would organise a
state-level programme for tying rakhis around trees on the
occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
Those tying rakhis would also pledge to protect the
green cover in their areas, Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi
told reporters here on Tuesday.
``We have decided to hold a function at ECO park here
where the visitors will be allowed entry free of cost on the
occasion of Raksha Bandhan,`` he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit
- Struggles never end in life, says Quantico star Priyanka Chopra
- India vs West Indies: List of records broken by Virat Kohli & Co during thumping win in 1st Test
- 2nd conviction in coal scam: Court convicts RSPL, 3 top officials