Rakhis to be round trees to save environment
Patna: In a novel way to promote
environmental awareness, Bihar government would organise a
state-level programme for tying rakhis around trees on the
occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
Those tying rakhis would also pledge to protect the
green cover in their areas, Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi
told reporters here on Tuesday.
``We have decided to hold a function at ECO park here
where the visitors will be allowed entry free of cost on the
occasion of Raksha Bandhan,`` he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him