Ramashray Singh`s body arrives in Patna, cremation on Sunday
Patna: Senior JD(U) leader Ramashray Singh`s body arrived on Sunday by a flight from New Delhi and was received among others by the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, other ministers and top party leaders.
The departed 83 year-old leader`s body was taken to his residence at Kankerbagh locality where a large number of people paid him a floral tributes.
His mortal remains will be brought to the state legislature premises tomorrow to enable the members of the two houses to offer their homage to the departed leader and from there it will be taken to the JD(U) office where a large number of party leaders and workers will pay their floral tributes to him.
The cremation of the departed JD(U) leader will be held on the banks of the river Ganga tomorrow, the party sources said.
The Chief Minister has already announced funeral of the senior JD(U) leader and the Parliamentary Affairs in NDA-I government with state honours.
Meanwhile, the RJD supremo has expressed profound grief at the demise of the Octogenarian leader and led the party workers in observing a minute`s silence at the national convention here.
The 83 year-old leader and former minister had died in a private hospital in New Delhi last night due to age related illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state