Ramdev favours a person to become PM who can deliver justice
Patna: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday said that he favours a person of any ideological or religious believe to become the Prime Minister of the country if such a person can deliver justice to the people and the country.
"It does not matter whether the Prime Minister is a Hindu, Muslim or Christian...All he expects from a person occupying the post is that he or she should be committed to deliver justice to the people and the country," he said.
Ramdev was replying to a question as to who among the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar was more suitable for the post of the Prime Minister.
It do not matter to him if the Prime Minister happens to be a Hindu, Muslim or Christian or liberal person, the Yoga guru said, adding that all it matters to him is that the Prime Minister should bring back the black money stashed in foreign shores and work to make the society an equitable one and not in which only the capitalists and expansionists forces have a say.
In an indirect dig at the Congress party for trying to malign his image over his crusade for return of black money from abroad, he said that it was regrettable that anybody who speaks for the people gets branded as a traitor.
"People like me have been branded as traitors by the adversaries as a price for raising public issues," Ramdev said, adding that he was unmindful of the scorn heaped on him by the detractors and will continue to speak against corruption, loot of public wealth, economic mismanagement and prevalence of injustice and inequity in the society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!