Ramkripal hobnobbing with BJP for a year, says Lalu
Patna: After RJD leader Ramkripal Yadav crossed over to BJP to take on his daughter from Patliputra Lok Sabha seat, party president Lalu Prasad today charged him with hobnobbing with the BJP for a year.
"It has come to light now that he (Yadav) was hobnobbing with the BJP for the past one year," an infuriated Prasad told PTI.
He claimed that Yadav, a Rajya Sabha MP, had sought to use his MPLAD fund for the benefit of a college in Purnea Lok Sabha constituency held by BJP`s Uday Singh, and the college is named after Singh`s maternal grandfather.
The RJD chief produced a letter purportedly written by Yadav to the Patna District Planning Officer (DPO) on April 16, 2013, about sanctioning Rs 71 lakh from his MPLAD fund for construction of practical buildings for eight subjects at Bir Narayan Chand Degree College at Dhamdaha in Purnea district.
In the letter, Yadav requested the Patna DPO to release the fund to Purnea DPO for further action. "This college is in named after the `nana` of Uday Singh, BJP MP from Purnea Lok Sabha seat. It is still managed by his family. It shows that Ramkripal Yadav was dealing with communal forces and cheating us quietly," Prasad said.
Yadav, Prasad`s "man Friday", had joined BJP on March 12 after being denied ticket from Patliputra from where Prasad has nominated his eldest daughter Misa Bharti.
Last night, BJP announced Yadav`s name as party candidate from Patliputra. The RJD supremo was at home taking rest today as continued election campaign since March 3 has started taking a toll on his health.
The sole star campaigner of his party, he stayed away from poll tour today due to exhaustion and throat congestion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video