Ranvir Sena supporters indulge in violence during
Patna: Supporters of private militia Ranvir Sena on Sunday indulged in violence and disrupted road and rail services as they observed a day-long bandh in several districts of Bihar to protest the killing of their leader Brahmeswar Singh alias Mukhiyaji.
The bandh was observed in Jehanabad, Arwal, Lakhisarai districts and rural areas of Patna district since early morning and the supporters blocked NH-110 between Jehanabad and Arwal and Patna-Gaya NH 83 by burning tyres at several places and pelting passing vehicles with stones, official sources said.
The bandh supporters also disrupted train services for hours by placing boulders on railway tracks on the Patna-Gaya route, the sources said.
They set on fire a tea shop and looted others before beating up the shopkeepers in Ratni block in Jehanabad district and hurled stones at the Zila Nagar Parishad office.
The situation there was brought under control by Jehanabad District Magistrate Balamurugan D and Superintendent of Police Harpreet Kaur.
In Arwal district too the Sena supporters halted traffic on NH 98 between Patna and Aurangabad by burning tyres. They were chased away by police, who were led by District Magistrate Sanjay Kumar Singh and SP Vimal Kumar.
Four persons were detained for blocking the national highway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends