Rapist burnt alive by victim in Bihar
Patna: Even as the government works on measures to make women feel safe in the country, a woman in Bihar took upon herself to punish a man who raped her.
The incident occurred in Soyian village under Parsa Bazar police station limits. The victim, a 45-year-old widow was sleeping in her home on Monday night when a village ruffian named Bhola Thakur forcefully entered her home and allegedly raped her.
Being under heavy influence of alcohol, Thakur lost consciousness and collapsed in the room. The woman, enraged at being raped, soaked her clothes in kerosene and used it to set the room on fire. She then ran outside, locked the room and went out to alert the villagers.
By the time villagers broke into the room, Thakur was badly burnt. He was taken to Patna Medical College Hospital, where he breathed his last yesterday afternoon.
Thakur’s wife has rejected the accusation against her husband and filed an FIR against the woman.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...