Rapist burnt alive by victim in Bihar
Patna: Even as the government works on measures to make women feel safe in the country, a woman in Bihar took upon herself to punish a man who raped her.
The incident occurred in Soyian village under Parsa Bazar police station limits. The victim, a 45-year-old widow was sleeping in her home on Monday night when a village ruffian named Bhola Thakur forcefully entered her home and allegedly raped her.
Being under heavy influence of alcohol, Thakur lost consciousness and collapsed in the room. The woman, enraged at being raped, soaked her clothes in kerosene and used it to set the room on fire. She then ran outside, locked the room and went out to alert the villagers.
By the time villagers broke into the room, Thakur was badly burnt. He was taken to Patna Medical College Hospital, where he breathed his last yesterday afternoon.
Thakur’s wife has rejected the accusation against her husband and filed an FIR against the woman.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- 1,282 pilgrims leave for Amarnath Yatra from Jammu
- Kejriwal to visit Goa again next month
- Myanmar census data undercuts Buddhist hardliner claims
- WATCH: Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif, ex-president Pervez Musharraf flirted with this girl?
- What's cooking? Farah Khan's 'do anmol ratan' Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor spill madness at shoot