Rapist burnt alive by victim in Bihar
Patna: Even as the government works on measures to make women feel safe in the country, a woman in Bihar took upon herself to punish a man who raped her.
The incident occurred in Soyian village under Parsa Bazar police station limits. The victim, a 45-year-old widow was sleeping in her home on Monday night when a village ruffian named Bhola Thakur forcefully entered her home and allegedly raped her.
Being under heavy influence of alcohol, Thakur lost consciousness and collapsed in the room. The woman, enraged at being raped, soaked her clothes in kerosene and used it to set the room on fire. She then ran outside, locked the room and went out to alert the villagers.
By the time villagers broke into the room, Thakur was badly burnt. He was taken to Patna Medical College Hospital, where he breathed his last yesterday afternoon.
Thakur’s wife has rejected the accusation against her husband and filed an FIR against the woman.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Mahmud Abbas rejects charges of 'blood libel' against Jews
- Eight CRPF jawans killed, 21 injured as Lashkar terrorists ambush convoy in J&K's Pampore
- Three Hizbul militants arrested in J&K's Shopian district
- England V Pakistan: James Anderson doubtful for first Test, fractures right shoulder
- Dieselgate: Volkswagen Ready to Pay $10 billion to settle US claims