Rashtriya Samata Party merges with JD(U)
Patna: Rashtriya Samata Party merged of
former leader of opposition in Bihar assembly Upendra Singh
Kushwaha merged with ruling JD(U) today giving a boost to the
ruling party in the state.
The merger was formalised in the presence of Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar, state Water Resource Minister Vijendra
Prasad Yadav and other several JD(U) leaders at a function here.
Speaking at the function, Kushwaha announced that the
merger was decided upon to continue work for all sections of
``We want that hands of the present chief minister to be
further strengthened for carrying forward the development of
the state,`` he said and described Nitish Kumar as symbol of
law and development.
Kumar expressed happiness over the merger and said it
would bolster the strength of JD(U) in Bihar where state
assembly poll is due towards the end of 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH