Rashtriya Samata Party merges with JD(U)
Patna: Rashtriya Samata Party merged of
former leader of opposition in Bihar assembly Upendra Singh
Kushwaha merged with ruling JD(U) today giving a boost to the
ruling party in the state.
The merger was formalised in the presence of Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar, state Water Resource Minister Vijendra
Prasad Yadav and other several JD(U) leaders at a function here.
Speaking at the function, Kushwaha announced that the
merger was decided upon to continue work for all sections of
``We want that hands of the present chief minister to be
further strengthened for carrying forward the development of
the state,`` he said and described Nitish Kumar as symbol of
law and development.
Kumar expressed happiness over the merger and said it
would bolster the strength of JD(U) in Bihar where state
assembly poll is due towards the end of 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!