Ravishankar Prasad visits HC to relive old memories
Patna: It was a trip down memory lane for Union Law Minister Ravishankar Prasad who paid a visit today to Patna High Court where he practised as a lawyer for a long time.
It was a nostalgic moment for Prasad as he went to his seat in Barrister Association hall and sat on an old chair which he used to occupy as a lawyer.
He mingled with fellow lawyers and exchanged notes from the past.
"It`s a pleasure visiting my old work place and meeting fellow lawyers with whom I worked for a long time," the lawyer-turned politician told reporters.
"The lawyer friends have been very kind towards me by offering snacks and coffee," he said.
Prasad, who is Union Law and Information Technology Minister in Narendra Modi`s cabinet, said he has many sweet memories of the Patna High Court.
Setting aside the paraphernalia of ministerial security, Prasad laughed and hugged many old colleagues who talked heart-to-heart with him.
He went around the building and shook hands with lawyers, sharing old bonds and interacted with them for nearly two hours.
A resident of Patna, Prasad is presently Rajya Sabha member from his home state.
His father, Late Thakur Prasad, was an eminent lawyer of Bihar. He was a staunch supporter of RSS and also served as minister in 1977 Bihar government of Karpoori Thakur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram
- 'Naagin' should have second season: Arjun Bijlani