Ravishankar slams Sonia for `poor homework`
Patna: The BJP on Friday took on Congress
President Sonia Gandhi for her statement that Bihar continued
to remain backward for the last 20 years and said that she had
done "poor homework".
Gandhi should know that her party had shared power with
the RJD for over five years in Bihar and that all 22 MLAs of
Congress had joined the Rabri Devi government between 2000 and
2005, BJP General Secretary Ravishankar Prasad said.
"It will be better for Madam Soniaji to first properly do
her homework and then target others, otherwise she is
ridiculing her own position in the eyes of public," he said.
"Instead of hit-and-run tactics, it will be better if
Sonia Gandhi discusses the issues relating to price rise and
the Centre`s failure on several fronts during elections in
Bihar," he said.
On her charge of corruption in central schemes, Prasad
said there too her "homework was poor".
"What happened to the corruption in CWG involving more
than Rs 70,000 crore and the 2G spectrum deal?" he asked and
described it as the "biggest corruption case" in India.
"Now Congress leaders are engaged in trading charges
against each other with the recent being the allegation by
Suresh Kalmadi against Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit,"
Referring to the Congress` charge that Nitish Kumar did
nothing for Bihar, the BJP leader dismissed it and said it was
a "silent revolution" for development-centric politics pursued
by Nitish Kumar and deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi.
"It is for the first time in the history of Bihar that
language of the politics has changed ... and the politics of
caste and religion relegated to the background," he said.
"People have seen what Lalu Prasad did during the 15
years and what Nitish and Modi have done in the last five
years," he said.
The results of this election, he said, would have
far-reaching implications and change the course of national
politics with thrust on development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof