Ravishankar slams Sonia for `poor homework`
Patna: The BJP on Friday took on Congress
President Sonia Gandhi for her statement that Bihar continued
to remain backward for the last 20 years and said that she had
done "poor homework".
Gandhi should know that her party had shared power with
the RJD for over five years in Bihar and that all 22 MLAs of
Congress had joined the Rabri Devi government between 2000 and
2005, BJP General Secretary Ravishankar Prasad said.
"It will be better for Madam Soniaji to first properly do
her homework and then target others, otherwise she is
ridiculing her own position in the eyes of public," he said.
"Instead of hit-and-run tactics, it will be better if
Sonia Gandhi discusses the issues relating to price rise and
the Centre`s failure on several fronts during elections in
Bihar," he said.
On her charge of corruption in central schemes, Prasad
said there too her "homework was poor".
"What happened to the corruption in CWG involving more
than Rs 70,000 crore and the 2G spectrum deal?" he asked and
described it as the "biggest corruption case" in India.
"Now Congress leaders are engaged in trading charges
against each other with the recent being the allegation by
Suresh Kalmadi against Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit,"
Referring to the Congress` charge that Nitish Kumar did
nothing for Bihar, the BJP leader dismissed it and said it was
a "silent revolution" for development-centric politics pursued
by Nitish Kumar and deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi.
"It is for the first time in the history of Bihar that
language of the politics has changed ... and the politics of
caste and religion relegated to the background," he said.
"People have seen what Lalu Prasad did during the 15
years and what Nitish and Modi have done in the last five
years," he said.
The results of this election, he said, would have
far-reaching implications and change the course of national
politics with thrust on development.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'