Ready to contest all 40 seats alone in Bihar in 2014: BJP
New Delhi: In what can lead to worsening of relationship between BJP and JD(U), the saffron party said on Tuesday that it was ready to contest all the 40 seats alone in Bihar.
The state BJP chief CP Thakur while talking to a TV channel said that it was prepared to go alone in the 2014 polls if need be. "If there is no certainty in life then how can there be certainty in politics," he added.
He, however, emphasized that the JD(U) breaking away from its alliance with the BJP was `just a possibility` and he was sure that the ally in Bihar would not break away.
Explaining the rationale behind its strategy, Thakur said that if the alliance was to remain in tact there could be last minute exchange of parliamentary constituencies between the two parties.
"We don`t want to lag behind in preparations for a contest from any parliamentary seat," he said.
Thakur, however, refused to divulge the details of presentation he had made at the BJP`s national executive at Surajkund.
"It will not be fair for me to go public with whatever I said at the party forum," he said.
BJP and the JD(U) are running a coalition government in Bihar and fought the 2010 Assembly elections together. In the last General Elections, JDU had won 20 seats and BJP 12 under a tie up.
However, the relations between the two NDA parterns has soured over the past few months with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi taking potshots at each other.
Nitish Kumar has been vociferously objecting to any projection of Narendra Modi as NDA`s prime ministerial candidate in 2014 General Elections.
The leaders of the two alliance partners had engaged
in a war of words casting aspersions on each other before the senior leadership of the two parties called for truce and gagged their leaders from making public statements against each other.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur