Ready to face any acid test: Bihar CM on IT raids
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Tuesday told Opposition members that he was ready ``to face any
acid test`` in the context of IT raids on a senior leader of
Intervening in the debate on the budgetary demands of
the state home department in the state assembly, Kumar said
the opposition members raised the issue of I T raids on the
commercial establishment of Vinay Sinha, a businessman, who is
also the treasurer of the state JD(U).
"It is unfortunate that the issue has been raised in the
house against a man who is not a member of the House", Kumar
said adding he was ready for facing any acid test on the
The IT sleuths had early last week seized unaccounted
cash worth around Rs five crore from the establishment of
Vinay Sinha, who was also an MLC earlier.
The Chief Minister said the state home department and
police department had nothing to do with the raids. "Such a
matter has been brought by the opposition in the state
assembly is not justified", he said.
Chief Minister also accused the opposition of its `Hit
and Run` approach as they will say something here and
something else to the media.
"I believe in my Karma and I know my duty well and also
know my own conscience... I don`t require to clarify my
position", he said.
"I am also ready to face a probe by an independent
agency during his tenure as railway minister about any
tender", he said adding "I will never mind even leaving
politics if any official or employee makes it clear that
something has been writtent for tenders or contracts when I
was at Rail Bhavan".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up